Sunday 7 June 2015

telegu movies anon - yes, I'm mixed and I live with my mother and I know she'd be happy to watch the movies with me and explain what's happening. thank you so much!!

So I’m just picking what jumps out to me the most –

A few golden classics:
Mayabazaar
Gundamma Katha
Missamma (1955 film)
Donga Ramudu
Swarnakamalam
Swathi Kiranam

Modern standouts:
Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana
Athadu
Bommarillu
Arya
Nuvvu Naaku Nachav
Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam
Anand
Godavari

If you like certain genres, I can try and recommend those too! Let me know what you think of any of these!

Especially for the older movies, it would be good if you could watch with the person who can explain things to you because I really don’t have faith in the subtitles. I think almost all of these films are available on YouTube, but I’m somewhat dubious on subtitle quality – I think watching on Einthusan or the DVD versions would lead to better subtitles – you’ll definitely be able to understand everything that’s going on, but I have yet to see subtitling that I thought was done well enough that it captured the nuances of what the characters were saying. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of Tollywood :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management