Wednesday 21 October 2015

do you have any Bengali or Marathi film recommendations? i haven't seen any :( and i'm definitely missing out right?

They’re both so hard to find but I haven’t watched any bengali films and I feel hesitant because bengali cinema being highly rated as intellectual cinema and * good* cinema (and me knowing that) triggers the part of me that hates things of the basis of being hyped.

Nevertheless it is a cinema we both should get into. I don’t know any bengali films apart from Satyajit Ray’s films that you should definitely watch. Starting with pacher panchali, it’s a classic that I will watch!!

Marathi cinema is an absolute gem, I think it’s the best cinema in India (I’m sure you and Catherine disagree) and it has a special place in my heart even though I’ve only watched one Marathi film. Fandry!!!!!! You have to watch fandry, its a film about a lower caste boy falling in love by a lower caste director. Court was released this year, I watched the first two minutes and it’ll probably be the second best film I see this year. Highway that was released this year is good and so is Killa. Those three Marathi films are on my to see list, I do think you can go in national film awards and any film that’s Marathi is bound to be good. @gulposh I know you can give some suggestions as well?

(btw mardaani is on einthusan.com with subtitles)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management