Sunday 4 October 2015

katrinakaifs: Every woman at some point, especially in the...



katrinakaifs:

Every woman at some point, especially in the glamour industry, faces sexism. It could be the way someone is looking at you, or talks slightly down to you. Your male counterpart is given much more importance. In smaller towns, they address the man first, so complete equality is not there in all parts of this country. I do see that changing though, both in the country and within the industry as well. We are treated with a lot more dignity and equality now.

Let me tell you this instance. Recently I was invited on a platform where professionals from all fields were part of the panel. The audience had many dignitaries. So when it was my turn, 80 per cent of the questions addressed to me were about my supposed relationship with whoever in my life. I was so surprised. I do understand this curiosity about our lives. I would want to know who Saif went for dinner with or who he was chatting up. But there is a place for everything. If you want to respect a professional and invite her on such a platform, speak about her work. Would you call a man on stage and talk about his girlfriend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management