Friday 16 October 2015

The Bollywood fandom

nimbooda:

So many people (friends) left or are leaving Tumblr and I have a hard time processing it tbh. I know there’s nothing to do about it, because this is life. But it’s still sad, because this way Tumblr won’t be the same anymore.

I remember the days when my dash would literally explode with bollywood edits, gifs, conversations, jokes, discussions etc. I couldn’t wait to be home to get on Tumblr and join the madness. Nowadays it feels like more people are leaving than joining.

Anyway, like I said before: there’s nothing to do about this. So I’m not going to focus on the negative too much and make the best out of this situation. I’m going to clean my follow-list:

I’m going to unfollow (very) inactive blogs and people I’ve never really talked to who switched to fandoms I am not in. (To everybody that blogs about hollywood, tv shows, marvel etc.: don’t worry I’m never going to unfollow you. You blog about things I love as well and I need you for my sideblog lol + if we’re friends I won’t ever unfollow you anyway).

The reason I’m doing this is because I want to follow more bollywood blogs. I don’t know if I’ll be able to do this, but maybe I’ll try and make a list of bollywood blogs (thanks to bollywooddidi for the suggestion!). It’s going to be nearly impossible with all the url-changes and I obviously don’t know about every bollywood blog out there, but if I can I’ll try to do it nevertheless. Don’t hate me if I can’t do it though! I’m not promising anything just thinking out loud.

To all the people that are still here: let’s all make the best out of place. Don’t hesitate to share your creations, thoughts, reviews, opinions, etc. let’s all have fun like the old days. Don’t compete with each other, but support each other. I’m sure all of our parents told us that we can’t like everybody and not all people will like us either. That doesn’t mean we should turn this place into a battlefield. There are enough mean people and nasty situations in real life. Keep Tumblr the escape it is for so many people. Don’t push each other away. please!

I’m not here to lecture anyone, because I probably need someone to lecture me first lol. But I just want to say what’s on so many people’s minds but no one talks about. You are allowed to think I’m annoying or dramatic for saying all this. But I honestly hope my words will mean something to some people. I still have faith in the fandom :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management